Tired of traditional presentation software? Are your class continually being asked to make yet another PowerPoint? Do you need a Prezucation? This training course examines a number of presentation technologies to engage and motivate children. Computing Champions will guide you through how to make the most of these free technologies and create captivating, media-rich presentations. We’ll also show you how use these tools with children in the classroom.
What does the training involve?
All training can be tailored to your school’s specific needs. A typical session includes:
- When to use presentation technologies
- Linking technologies into your school’s curriculum
- Prezi – the zooming, collaborative presentation tool (half day / twilight)
- Adding and manipulating content
- Moving and zooming around the canvas
- Viewing and sharing content
- Getting creative and making your first Prezi
- Other presentation technologies (half day / twilight)
- Xtranormal – turn your words into a 3D animated movie
- Animoto – create extraordinary videos of your ideas
- Glogster – online, multimedia posters
- Zooburst – write 3D pop-up books
- Other technologies subject to your requirements
Who is the training for?
Management, teachers, teaching assistants, governors – anyone who has to present to an audience or wants children to present their ideas in more engaging ways.
How much does it cost?
The prices outlined below include an initial consultation with your school to ensure you’ll get the most from our training. Discounts are available for bookings of multiple training packages.
Half day / twilight session: £300
Full day: £450 (“Prezi” and “Other presentation technologies sessions” together)
Follow up sessions are available to evaluate progress and identify next steps to ensure you’re getting the most from the technology.